When Seeing is Just as Important as Being Seen
Come in. Take a peek. You'll see that we've created a cool, modern boutique that emphasizes style, comfort and superior service.
The atmosphere at our Wink Eyecare Boutique is warm and inviting, our people knowledgeable and friendly. Your Potomac optometrist Dr. Rachel Cohn and the staff have combined advanced technology with current industry trends so you may always look and see your best.
From thorough eye exams and assessments to helpful explanations and preventive care advice, our focus is on you. We are committed to providing you and your family with the highest-quality, comprehensive vision and eyecare.
Q&A with Dr. C
Dr. Cohn Answers Your Eyecare Questions
When I wear my contacts, at the end of a long day, my eyes are usually dry and uncomfortable. What can I do to alleviate this problem?
Dry eyes is a common problem that is often associated with bothersome ocular symptoms, fluctuating vision, and contact lens discomfort. Dry eye syndrome (DES) is generally considered a disorder of the tear film due to either diminished tear production or excessive tear evaporation. The tear film lubricates and hydrates the contact lens and is therefore essential to contact lens comfort. Artificial tears is the mainstay therapy and using a lipid based one will supplement the deficient component of the tears.We believe that using daily Disposable lenses like Accuvue, Trueye and Dailies Total 1, can help to reduce these symptoms
Sight, after all, is the most precious of all the senses. And we intend to keep it that way. Call 301-545-1111 for an appointment or book online today!
Effective March 2014: If you fail to cancel your office appointment at least 24 hours ahead, or fail to show up for your scheduled appointment, you will be charged a "No Show Fee/ Cancellation Fee" of $40.
Contributed by: Dr. Rachel Cohn
The Wink Eyecare Blog
- Jun 28, 2015 - Blue Light, Its Dangers and Its Solutions
- May 29, 2015 - 5 Ways to Ensure Healthy Vision
- May 17, 2015 - What Women Need to Know About Eye Health
- May 12, 2015 - The Importance of Sunglasses
- Apr 30, 2015 - Enjoying Life During Eye Allergy Season
- Jun 5, 2014 - A Few Tips When Buying Eye Glasses for Your Children
- Feb 14, 2013 - Eye Exams for Toddlers?
- Nov 13, 2012 - Glasses Can Help With Computer Strain
- Oct 29, 2012 - Hurricane Sandy Hours and Closures